DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Christians Alive Church Lancaster
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. How do we process your personal data?
Christians Alive Lancaster complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To manage our employees and volunteers
- To gain consent for children/youth activities/groups
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications)
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services via our email newsletter (sent by Mail Chimp) & occasional emails (stored in email@example.com)
- To manage a church member directory (Instant Church Directory)
- To collect information for DBS checks (via CCPAS)
3. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal data while individuals are regularly attending the church and gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
6. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Christians Alive holds about you
- The right to request that Christians Alive Lancaster corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Christians Alive Lancaster to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
7. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
8. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01524 845544
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.